Montenegro’s national broadcaster, RTCG, released yesterday clips from the five songs participating in the national Montevizija final this Saturday. Who has what it takes to bring the country back to the final of the Eurovision Song Contest?
Last month RTCG revealed the five artists and songs that had been chosen among 30 submissions, the broadcaster received in an open call for the Eurovision Song Contest 2018. The jury consisting of Dejan Božović, Vladimir Maraš, Slaven Knezović, Ismeta Dervoz and Kornelije Kovač selected the following five songs for the final:
1. Nina Petković – Dišem (Music/ lyrics/producer: Michael James Down/ Nina Petković/ Jonas Gladnikoff)
2. Vanja Radovanović – Inje (Music/ lyrics/producer: Vanja Radovanović/ Vanja Radovanović/ Božidar Bole Martinović)
3. Ivana Popović Martinović – Poljupci (Music/ lyrics/producer: Slavko Milovanović/ Ljubiša Martinović/ Vladan Popović Pop i Marko Milatović)
4. Katarina Bogićević – Neželjena (Music/ lyrics/producer: Aleksandra Milutinović/ Aleksandra Milutinović/ Darko Dimitrov)
5. Lorena Janković – Dušu Mi Daj (Music/ lyrics/producer: Mirsad Serhatlić/ Milan Minjo Perić/ Mario Pajić)
The Montengrin national final will take place on the 17th of February. The winner song will be decided by the viewer’s text messages.
Yesterday RTCG released snippets from the five songs on the broadcaster’s promotion channel on YouTube. You can listen to the snippets here:
What do you think of Montenegrin songs? Do you already have a favourite? Please, take part in our poll:
Montenegro in the Eurovision Song Contest
It was in 2007 that Montenegro participated as an independent country at the Eurovision Song Contest for the first time.
Since 2007 they managed to qualify to the grand final only twice.
Montenegro’s best result came in Vienna in 2015, when Knez finished 13th with the song Adio. Last year Slavko Kalezić failed to qualify for the final with the song titled Space. Remind yourself of his perfomance in the video below: