Pernilla Karlsson won the 2012 Uuden Musiikin Kilpailu contest with När Jag Blundar and will represent Finland at the 2012 Eurovision Song Contest in Baku. The conclusion of the series of new music shows was held tonight at the Helsinki Ice Hall.
This year Finland decided a new format to select their Eurovision entry. The TV show has been broadcast over the last five weeks concluding with tonight’s final consisting of six songs and acts. Tonight’s show was hosted by Joona Kortesmäki & Anne Lainto.
The Rasmus opened the show with their brand new single, I’m A Mess. During the song the finalists were introduced. They are –
1. Iconcrash We Are The Night – The five piece band all dressed in black perform a pop/rock song in the style of U2 and the Rasmus.
2. Pernilla Karlsson När jag blundar – A haunting ballad sung in Swedish. Very well performed. Pernilla is joined on stage by a male violinist and a female dancer.
3. Mica Ikonen Antaa mennä – Mid tempo pop track with synth/strings. Mica is wearing a black suit with white shirt and loose tie. He is joined by a male band and two girl backing vocalists.
4. Kaisa Vala Habits Of Human Beings – An uptempo electro pop song by Kaisa who is dressed in a short green dress. She is joined on stage by male drummer, guitarist and keyboard player and two female backing vocalists. A happy and upbeat song.
5. Stig Laululeija – One of the favourites to win, Stig is wearing a hat with doggy ears and a lumberjack shirt. The band are wearing the same type shirts too. The song is a mid tempo and acoustic song with some whistling.
6. Ville Eetvartti Lasikaupunki
– Ville is dressed in blue shirt and playing a guitar. Three more male guitarists and a drummer are on stage. This an upbeat pop/rock song.
The interval started with Anna Abreu performing the song, Stereo.
Three super finalists are revealed after televoting – Pernilla Karlsson, Stig and Ville Eetvartti.
They all perform again.
Last year’s Finland representative, Paradise Oskar, took to the stage to perform Da Da Dam accompanied by a beatboxer. New Finnish pop star, Robin, next took to the stage to sing his hit song, Frontside Ollie.
So, it was time to announce the winning song….it is Pernilla Karlsson, När jag blundar who will represent Finland at the 2012 Eurovision Song Contest in Baku in May.
You can see Pernilla below.