The Macedonian broadcaster has revealed the names of the twenty acts that will participate at this year’s Skopje Festival which will take place on the 12th of November. Among them there are some of the most established artists of the national music scene and some familiar faces for Eurovision fans.
MRT, the FYR Macedonian broadcaster, has revealed the names of the lucky artists that will compete to win the Macedonian ticket to Vienna. Around two hundred songs have been sent in for the selection, out of which twenty were chosen by a professional jury to participate in the big final. You can see the full list below.
1. Risto Samardziev & Vlatko Ilievski – North-South
2. Lena Zatkoska – Hello
3. Aleksandra Janeva – In Your World
4. Nade Talevska – I Know
5. Sanja Gjoshevska – I Want To Fly
6. Viktorija Loba – I’m Missing Someone Like You
7. Goran Naumovski & Sanja Kerkez – A Moment Without You
8. Lidija Kochovska & Marjan Stojanovski – Sunshine Through The Clouds
9. Vera Jankovikj – I Want To Fly
10. Evgenija Chanchalova – If I Don’t Love You
11. Daniel Kajmakoski – Perfect Storm
12. Tamara Todevska – Sinking Ship
13. Aleksandar Tarabunov & Toni Mihajlovski – Maria
14. Dimitar Andonovski – Everything I Promised
15. Verica Pandilovska – Just For You
16. Tanja Carovska – I Miss You Like Hell
17. Myatta – Deep Down Inside Me
18. Joce Panov – Neither "L" Form Love
19. Aleksandra Mihova – Heart Keeps Memories
20. Sasho Gigov-Gish – Blues
Among the finalists we find very well-known names such as Vlatko Ilievski who represented Macedonia in 2011 with the song Rusinka. Another former Eurovision contestant who is back to the Macedonian national selection is Tamara Todevska, who represented her country in 2008 with Let Me Love You and she was a backing vocalist for her older sister Tijana Dapčević in 2014. Nade Talevska, one of the backing singers for Tamara in 2008 and Dimitar Andonovski, backing singer for Tijana, are also among the selected acts. Among the familiar names is also Viktorija Loba, who was one of the girls that represented FYR Macedonia at the first ever Junior Eurovision Song Contest, in 2003.
If all goes as planned, this will be the first national final of the season since it will be held on the 12th of November, a very important day for the country since it is the eve of the Day of Liberation of Skopje.
The broadcaster has announced that this year’s show will prove technically and musically impressive to the viewers. The show will be held in a new location, the Metropolis Arena in Skopje, and it will be hosted by the actor Vasil Zafircev. All the artists will be performing live and they will be accompanied by the MRT orchestra which consists of 54 awesome musicians.
The running order will be determined a few days before the show and the winner, who will represent FYR Macedonia at the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest in Vienna, will be chosen by a 50/50 decision of televote and the votes from an international jury.
In 2014, Tijana Dapčević was internally selected to represent FYR Macedonia in Copenhagen where she failed to qualify to the grand final with her entry To The Sky. You can watch her performance in our 3D video below.
You might also like to read:
- Hosting cities of Melodifestivalen 2015 announced – minor competition format changes implemented
- Details about Eesti Laul 2015 announced by broadcaster ERR
- Serbian Radio Television intends Eurovision return in 2015