Valentina Monetta has represented San Marino at the Eurovision Song Contest twice in 2012 and in 2013 and after her experience at this year's Contest she does not stop and she has recently released a new album entitled Crisalide- La Storia Di Valentina Monetta which means Chrysalis - The Story Of Valentina Monetta. The title has not been a random choice since the track list is a mix of the songs from her previous albums with the aim to prove the amazing versatility of the artist from San Marino.
The album contains seventeen tracks including, of course, the two entries with which she has represented San Marino at the Eurovision Song Contest: The Social Network Song in two versions, live and the original Facebook Uh Oh Oh, and Crisalide (Vola) in eight different versions (dance, jazz or radio versions, among others, in Italian and English language).
Some of the songs of this album such as Una Giornata Belissima, L'amore Verrà, Think About or Da Mia Proprietà were previously released on a seven-track EP entitled Il Mio Gioco Preferito from a couple of years ago.
Another song that may sound familiar is I'll Follow The Sunshine which is a cover version of the song written by the German Eurovision veteran producer closely related to Valentina, Ralph Siegel, which was performed by Domenique Azzopardi at the Maltese semi-final in 2011.
Crisalide- La Storia Di Valentina Monetta is now available on digital stores and the physical album is scheduled to be on sale in the next few days (you will find the link to purchase it below).
The track listing of the album is as follows:
1. Una Giornata Belissima
2. L'amore Verrà
3. Diadaba Jazz
4. Da Mia Proprietà
5. Think About
6. My Funny Valentina (Live-Jazz-Version)
7. The Social Network Song (oh oh-uh-oh oh) (Live Jazz Version)
8. Facebook (uh oh oh) (Euroclub-Version)
9. I'll Follow The Sunshine
10. Crisalide (Vola) (Original-Version)
11. Chrysalis (You'll Be Flying) (Eng. Dance-Version)
12. Crisalide (Vola) (Jazz-Version)
13. Chrysalis (You'll Be Flying) (Engl. Radio-Pop-Version)
14. Chrysalis (You'll Be Flying) (Eng. Radio-Jazz-Version)
15. Crisalide (Vola) (Radio-Pop-Version)
16. Chrysalis (You'll Be Flying) (Original-Engl.-Version)
17. Crisalide (Vola) (Dance-Version)
You might also want to read:
- Birgit Õigemeel teams up with with Violina on new single
- Krista says amen to Ding Dong tour
- Anouk's latest album soars with help from Birds
Below you can watch our 3D video of Valentina Monetta performing her 2013 Eurovision Song Contest entry Crisalide (Vola). As always, we strongly recommend watching this video in 3D, as it was recorded, to enjoy it to its fullest, but if you do not have a pair of suitable glasses this can easily be turned off in the player below for regular 2D watching.