American actress and singer, Romina Power, represented Italy twice at the Eurovision Song Contest in 1976 singing We'll Live It All Again and in 1985 with Magic Oh Magic, always alongside her former husband Al Bano. They achieved seventh place both times.
The duo released multiple albums in different languages and several of them became gold or platinum but, since they divorced, they started solo careers which have also been full of successes. Romina, meanwhile, in recent years, has written five books both fiction and non-fiction in Italian and has been dedicated to the organization of exhibitions of her paintings in Italy and the USA. She has also hosted several variety shows on Italian television and, as an actress, she has toured for three years with the controversial stage play The Vagina Monologues, acted in two mini-series and, at the same time, she dedicated herself to directing her short film, Upaya, which was filmed in India.
Da Lontano (From A Distance) is her fourth solo album and all songs have been written by Romina herself so it marks the return of Romina Power as a singer and songwriter. It was recorded in 1998 but it was never published until Fred Cannon, an old friend of Romina, rediscovered it in 2011. He was able to convince her to revive that album and, after being remastered with the assistance of prestigious sound engineer Greg Lukens and his associate Colin Peterson, it becomes a reality.
This album has some unreleased tracks but also new versions of older songs, like U.S.America initially recorded by her in 1976 or Travellin' Rambler which was originally recorded by Al Bano and Romina in Italian under the title Commesso Viaggiatore on the album Fotografia Di Un Momento.
Romina stated that she is happy to re-establish a relationship with her audience through the universal language of music and she hopes that the notes go straight from her heart to them.
The track listing is as follow:
01. Tears Are Not Pearls - Music: Yari Carrisi-Power. Lyrics: Romina Power
02. Like Love Should Be - Music: Maurizio Fabrizio. Lyrics: Romina Power
03. Remember Sarah - Music: Maurizio Fabrizio. Lyrics: Romina Power
04. Believe - Music: Albano Carrisi. Lyrics: Romina Power
05. Dear Mr. Man - Music and lyrics: Romina Power
06. Travelin' Rambler - Music: Albano Carrisi. Lyrics: Romina Power
07. Again A Woman And A Man - Music: Yari Carrisi-Power. Lyrics: Romina Power
08. U.S.America - Music: Maurizio Fabrizio. Lyrics: Romina Power
09. Dear Mr. Man (reggae version) - Music and lyrics: Romina Power
10. No More Words - Music: Yari Carrisi-Power. Lyrics: Romina Power
11. Packin' - Music and lyrics: Romina Power
Below you can watch Romina Power's video of Tears Are Not Pearls, the first single from her new album, Da Lontano.