After winning this year's Eurovision Song Contest in Baku with Euphoria Loreen finally topped the German single charts. It is a very remarkable success for her as no other non-German Eurovision winner made it to number 1 since ABBA won with Waterloo in 1974.
But Loreen is not the only Eurovision act who managed to enter the German single charts this year. Here are the other rankings and new entries:
11. Roman Lob - Standing still (no. 39 the week before)
43. Ivi Adamou - La la love (new entry)
44. Buranovskiye Babushki - Party for everybody (new entry)
51. Soluna Samay - Should've known better (new entry)
62. Jedward - Waterline (new entry)
77. Eletheria Eleftheriou - Aphrodisiac (new entry)
92. Mandinga - Zaleilah (new entry)
All those figures show that the Eurovision Song Contest has become a lot more popular in Germany during the last years. Beside Loreen Lena Meyer-Landrut topped the German charts with her winning entry Satellite in 2010. Lordi made it to the 5th place in 2006 with Hard Rock Hallelujah while Alexander Rybak achieved a very good 4th position in 2009 with Fairytale. In comparison last year's winners Ell & Niki were not that successful, but still managed to reach a 33rd position in the German top 100.
Loreen won the Eurovision Song Contest with a total of 372 points. 12 of them came from Germany where she won both the jury and the combined voting.