- When did you start your music career? Is this a turning point in your career?
I'm quite modest and I don't like to talk about myself, deeds talk better than words. 6 August 1981 Prykarpattya (Ukraine) heard my broad vocal range for the first time - this was how I marked my birth to this world. In 2002 I received my first musical BA degree (Stephanik's Carpathian University, Musical Pedagogics). 2003-2004 - I was an actor in the first Ukrainian musicle "Equator" (leading role of Alexander II). 2004-2005 - lead singer of Belarus state orchestra headed by Mikhail Finberg. Holder of awards from international festivals, including "Slaviansky Bazaar" (Vitebsk); "Retrofest" (Italy); "Pearl of the Season", "Tavria Games" (Ukraine); opera competitions; "New Wave" contest (Jurmala)...
In 2007 I established a Charitable Fund, which is in close cooperation with international funds supports fighting serious social problems. In June 2010 I will get the second higher degree (Tchaikovsky's National Academy of Arts, Vocal Performance).
I speak for the Ukrainian people, not Ukrainian show-biz.
- Ukraine is one of the newer countries at the Eurovision Song Contest. How long have you been interested in the Contest?
Every artist that takes his profession seriously shall be aware of such big events. But I paid a closer to the contest when I understood, that I'm ready for the European stage.
- How come you decided to participate in the Eurovision Song Contest? Is it your dream?
To climb music peaks and earn the love of people - that's the purpose of my art.
- What are you expecting from the contest?
Dialog with European listeners and placing myself on the music map of Europe.
- You will introduce your song to the fans in programme which will be broadcasted on TV. Is there a special show planned for when you will present the song for the first time?
On the 7th of March the song will be chosen by a combined jury and people's vote (50/50). I'll present 9 songs which were submitted by people from around Europe. All fans of the contest will have a chance to see that selection on the 6th of march on eurovision.tv.
- What is/are your favourite Ukraininan entri(es) at the Eurovision Song Contest? Do you have any favourite country/ countries at the contest except Ukraine?
If we talk about last year I really liked Jade Ewen (the UK) and Patricia Kaas (France).
- Have you planned a schedule for a promo tour? Can you give us some hints if it is possible?
"Share the love!" that will be the name of my campaign for Eurovision. At the moment I have invitations from 7 countries to perform in their national finals. As soon as the song is selected and the video chosen we shall start promoting it all over the Europe.
- Ukraine has never failed to qualify for the final of the Eurovision Song Contest. Are you aware of that this is a possibility or do you consider it certain that of course you are qualifying?
I'll do the best I can!!
- Tomas N'evergreen will be representing Denmark at the Eurovision Song Contest. He says that as he is a superstar in Ukraine he counts on ekstra points from your country. Do you know him and what is your thoughts about competing against him in Oslo?
There is certain professional ethics that makes it hard for me to judge about his popularity. I heard about him only thanks to his wife - Polina Griffits - the owner of a fantastic vocal and ex-solist of famous band "A-studio".
- What are you future plans after the contest?
Worked multiplied on 24 hours a day - is my never changing working regime.
- Which questions, which I haven't asked you, would you like to ask yourself and what would your answer to it be?
Pause - it the greatest dimension of art. With you I feel comfortable without words. Meanwhile let's our deeds speak for ourselves.
- Finally what would you like to tell to your fans?
Share your love, faith and support with me! Open your hearts and believe that I won't betray you! See you in Oslo, my friends!
We would like to thank you for our interview today. EuroVisionary wishes all the bests for you at the Eurovision Song Contest in Oslo. Good luck!